IDALIB Scholarship Program
The IDA-Long Island Branch will offer virtual free, small group, reading instruction for students who struggle with foundational reading skills including phonics and spelling. Students will be provided with Orton Gillingham-based instruction that is customized to meet their individual needs.
The IDA-LIB reading program will run during the school year of 2023-2024. Students will be expected to attend virtually a minimum of 2 sessions per week online with one of our tutors.
To be eligible for the program students must:
- Be entering grades 1-3 during the 2023/24 school year.
- Exhibit deficient decoding/ encoding skills.
- Possess average to above average cognitive abilities
- Student must be on Free Lunch.
In order to be considered for the scholarship program the student’s parent or guardian must:
- Complete attached application indicating financial need as well as basic information or show proof of Free or Reduced Lunch eligibility
- Provide academic history and evidence of reading delay or struggle (school data, support services, etc)
Selected students will take part in a brief virtual screening process to determine final eligibility. Screening sessions will take place on an ongoing basis..